Geschichte am Mittag - "Dies Haus ist mein und doch nicht mein..."

Ingelheim am Rhein
on 13.06.2024 at 14:30 o'clock

History at lunchtime
“This house is mine and yet not mine…” – Short lecture on the history of the museum building

In 1999, the museum near the Kaiserpfalz found its current home at François-Lachenal-Platz 5. The slate-roofed building with a hipped roof and dormers, which significantly shapes the appearance of the square, has changed its appearance repeatedly over the decades. When it was built around 1935 as a fire station, it still had a small tower for storing water hoses. It later served as a residential building. After the museum moved there in 1999, a modern extension a few years later met the need for more exhibition space.
The lecture by museum employee Miriam Maslowski looks for clues: Who planned the building, what does the architecture tell us about the time when it was built and to what extent was the building form adapted to the different uses - working, living, presenting?

Lecture: Miriam Maslowski, Museum bei der Kaiserpfalz Registration by telephone until June 11, 2024 at the museum / limited number of people
Admission: €4.00 (incl. 1 cup of coffee and 1 sweet surprise)

19_07_31_mbdk_1695_P
Entwurf zu einem Spritzenhaus in Nieder-Ingelheim

More dates

Dates for this event

  • On 13.06.2024 at 14:30 o'clock

Venue

Venue / Meeting point

Museum bei der Kaiserpfalz
François-Lachenal-Platz 5
55218 Ingelheim am Rhein

Tel.: (0049) 6132 714701
Homepage:
Mail: info-museum@ingelheim.de

Contact

Contact details

Museum bei der Kaiserpfalz
François-Lachenal-Platz 5
55218 Ingelheim am Rhein

Tel.: (0049) 6132 714701
Homepage:
Mail: info-museum@ingelheim.de