Ober-Olmer Kapellenberg (Chapel Hill of Ober-Olm)
The little chapel naming the vineyard
The name of the single vineyard comes from the small chapel on the outskirts of Ober-Olm, the St. Valentinus Chapel. It was mentioned as early as 1342. The present building is a late Gothic hall church that was extended around 1720 in Baroque style. The chapel was formerly the destination of pilgrimages to St. Valentine, the emergency helper of those suffering from the "falling sickness". A wide variety of grape varieties thrive on clay marl and limestone. The single vineyard sites are widely distributed: The largest area lies on the outskirts of Ober-Olm in the direction of Essenheim, smaller areas lie to the north-east in the direction of Klein-Winternheim and to the east towards Ebersheim.
> A circular route of the municipality of Ober-Olm, also to the chapel: https://www.ober-olm.de/punkt-9-kapelle
> Nearby: the Ober-Olper forest https://www.wald-rlp.de/de/forstamt-rheinhessen/wald/naturschutzgebiete-vor-den-toren-der-hauptstadt/vom-militaerstandort-zum/wald-mit-neuen-wegen/