Owned by the Rhine counts
The location was given this name because of the close historical connection between Wörrstadt and the Rheingrafen (English: Rhine counts). In the Middle Ages, they shared the claim to local jurisdiction with the Lords of Löwenstein; both maintained monastic bailiwicks and property there. After a dispute in 1274, the Löwensteins were pushed further and further back. Wörrstadt remained in the possession of the Rheingrafen until the French Revolution and was thus part of Kurpfalz. A variety of grape varieties grows on marl and limestone.
> Regional history of Wörrstadt: https://www.regionalgeschichte.net/rheinhessen/woerrstadt.html
> The Hiwweltour Neuborn starts in Wörrstadt (but does not lead through the single vineyard Rheingrafenberg): https://www.rheinhessen.de/hiwweltour-neuborn