Gau-Algesheimer St. Laurenzikapelle
Oh holy Laurentius, give us filigree Rieslings
This single vineyard is located directly below the St. Laurenzi Chapel between the villages of Appenheim, Dromersheim or Ockenheim. At the top of the hill is the small village of Laurenziberg and the nationally important pilgrimage church of St. Laurentius, named after a saint. The baroque church was built between 1707 and 1717, on the foundations of an Iro-Scottish chapel from the late 6th or early 7th century. The vines grow on a limestone base, overlaid with clay marl and clayey loess loam. Filigree and acid-accentuated Rieslings are produced here.
> Info on the Laurenziberg site and chapel: https://www.regionalgeschichte.net/rheinhessen/laurenziberg.html