Stone buildings of varied design in the vineyards. Mostly from the 18./19. Century originating. They offered the winemaker, his family, vineyard workers and grape harvesters protection from rain and sun and a rest stop at the Imbs. Occasionally they were also built as a romantic watchtower with battlements as a Biedermeier arbor or, near the city, as a bourgeois, wood-paneled arbor.
A curious rarity are the "Trulli", which are predominantly around Flonheim and Wendelsheim, and which can not be found in any other German wine country. In the advertising for Rheinhessen they are therefore partly depicted as a symbol of the region. The trulli are built like a grenade to beehive-like over a circular to slightly oval ground plan and roofed by a cone-shaped Kragkuppelgewölbe. The most beautiful of these vineyard cottages is located in Flonheim (district Uffhofen) above the Rabenkanzel in the Aulheimer Tälchen. It was built in 1756 from Flonheimer sandstone and has a square knob as a tip. This so-called "white house" and others were presumably created by Lombard stonemasons who worked at the time in the Flonheim stone bridges.