The Old Cemetery between Rochusallee and Holzhauserstraße (formerly called "Mittelpfad") was already opened in 1822. Initially, it was still located outside the city and had to be expanded multiple times. The last burials are documented for the year 1920. Almost 60 years later, starting in 1976, the cemetery was transformed into a publicly accessible civic park. To this day, more than 100 partly extremely impressive grave and memorial stones testify to the eventful history of this place of remembrance.

