First mentioned in the 14th century as the moated castle "Veste Monsheim". The present palace complex was built in 1651 by the "Lords of Wachenheim". From 1780 to 1852, the estate was owned by the von Gagern family. Heinrich von Gagern the President of the National Assembly of 1848 is the most significant inhabitant. Later, the castle was in the possession of the Barons von Heyl to Herrnsheim, here was also the ladies riding school Knauff. In the courtyard is the Monsheimer Hinkelstein, one of the largest monoliths in Rheinhessen. Today the castle is privately owned. Text taken from local tour Monsheim by courtesy.
Mehr Infos unter
67590 MonsheimTel: (0049)6243-1809-16