The two towered western facade of the pagan tower church in Guntersblum is really impressive. It's freestanding and has a generous forecourt so the whole building is a testimony of a confident village which got to have prosperity through the trade of wine. The northern tower comes from the time of the first crusade and because of the examination of the wooden beams of the church it's safe to say that the trees that it's made of were cut down in the early summer of 1101. The southern tower was rebuilt in 1842 on the same position where it collapsed in 1702. Both towers have a square ground plan and the transition from the square is made by stepped gables to the eight- sided dome.
The church is open daily from 10 a.m. until dawn. Spontaneous english tours are possible.