The largest Reformation monument complex in the world was designed by the Dresden artist Ernst Rietschel, executed by his students Adolf von Donndorf, Gustav Kietz and Johannes Schilling and inaugurated on 25 June 1868. In the middle Luther stands on a high pedestal and keeps a fist on the bible in reference to the Worms Reichstag. At his feet are four European Reformers who worked before Luther: Peter Wushrig (France), John Wyclif (England), Jan Hus (Bohemia / Czech Republic) and Girolamo Savonarola (Italy). Around this group, wall-hung battlements that symbolize the Luther song "A stronghold is our God" shape the walk-in monument. Other people, places and scenes of the Reformation can be seen in the tour.
Tourist Information Worms
67547 WormsTel: (0049) 6241 853 7306