The 11th-century Basilica dedicated to St. Lambert of Liège (635-700) was formerly owned by the Augustinian canons on Aegidienberg in Liège. Special features of the three-aisled basilica are choral stage and stollen crypt (barrel vaults) and murals from the 14th century. In the Middle Ages it was a pilgrimage church. From 1684 - 1910 the basilica was used as a simultaneous church. It is one of the most important Romanesque village churches in Rheinhessen.