The Sironabad in Nierstein was a former Roman bathing hall with two sulfur and two fresh water springs. The sources led early to settlements, as finds from Celtic, early Germanic and Roman times clearly prove. The sulfur spring of the Sironabades was rediscovered in 1802, after it had been buried for centuries.
During clearing work, copper coins surrounded by gypsum balls were found in stone basins with the years 87 to 267 after the birth of Christ and also small figures. Through these finds it is perfectly proven that the well plant was in operation during this time and was used by the Romans.
It has been partially rebuilt over the centuries and has been a listed building since 1937. A bacteriological study in 1991 led to the following result: the Sirona mineral spring is microbiologically sound drinking water.
The Sironabad can be found on the B9 exit Nierstein in the direction of Oppenheim (Sironastraße 6, behind the China restaurant).
Tourismus- und Kulturbüro Nierstein
Bildstockstr. 10 (Rathaus)
55283 NiersteinTel: (0049) 6133 960506