Imperial Cathedral in Worms
The Worms Cathedral is the smallest and also the youngest of the three Rhenish imperial cathedrals, two of which can be found in Rheinhessen. Its design is a classic example of Romanesque. It was built from 1130 to 1181. In Worms Cathedral is also the St. Nicholas Chapel, which was built in honor of St. Nicholas of Myra. In the underground of the cathedral is an old grave site, which houses sarcophagi of ancestors and relatives of Emperor Konrad II.