
Former Lutheran church, built 1738-42 in rural baroque style - tower 1930, three-sided hall, stucco ceiling and furnishings from the time of construction, "pneumatic cone chest organ" from the workshop Förster & Nikolaus Lich/Upper Hesse from 1915, also called winter church, since the installation of a church heating system at the end of the 19th century. Text Signposting with kind permission of the Orsgemeinde Flörsheim-Dalsheim This location is part of an audiovisual route and offers the possibility to watch/listen to…

The Old Cemetery is located southeast of Stadecken-Elsheim and originally belonged to the abandoned village of Hedesheim, which was deserted in the 14th century when the residents settled closer to the newly built Stadeck Castle. The cemetery was still in use until 1804. Today, a small grove reminds visitors of its former location, and in front of it, a small rest area invites people to linger.

Only riffraff meet at night? Not at all, because our night watchmen also take respectable people with them on their nightly rounds through Oppenheim. Learn about the way of life of people in the Middle Ages and the position of night watchmen. See Oppenheim from a different perspective in the dark. Enjoy a night walk with a difference. As the tour does not only follow paved paths, you should wear sturdy shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather. Public night watchman tours take place regularly. The exact dates can be found online at…

The Wamboldscher Hof is also worth seeing, a grand estate in the middle of the village that was built around 1770 in the Baroque style. Particularly striking are the wide entrance with pilasters and the mansard roof. After the French Revolution, this stately building served as a schoolhouse until 1963 and is now the parish house of the Evangelical Church Community of Partenheim. Visitation: By prior arrangement

The cross vault in the Bernhard-Räder winery is used as a tasting and sales room for wines and other specialities such as brandies, various types of mustard and pesto. Always beautifully decorated, worth a visit! General information about Rheinhessen cow chapels The origin of the typical Rheinhessen vaults goes back to the early 19th century. At that time, farmers wanted to increase the yield of their cattle by keeping them in stables and use the leftovers as fertiliser for their fields. Initially, the cattle were housed on the…

The sculpture ‘Die Wolke’ (The Cloud, 1968/69, bronze) by Eberhard Linke at the starting point of the Hiwweltour Aulheimer Tal is a reference to the sculpture collection of the Eberhard and Barbara Linke Foundation. The sculptures can be viewed from May to October, Saturdays from 2 pm to 6 pm. Address: Erbes-Büdesheimer Straße 7, 55237 Flonheim Admission free

Once you have mastered the challenging ascent along the Höhenweg, you will see the Napoleon Tower on the hill between Ober-Hilbersheim and Sprendlingen. With its signalling arms, it is modelled on a historic telegraph pole and thus attracts the attention of hikers and cyclists from afar. In Napoleonic times, it was used to send the first short messages - the first text messages in history, so to speak - over a distance of around 12 kilometres. The signalling arms are based on the ‘Chappe system’, which was developed by the…

For several centuries, ship mills operated on the Rhine River near Ginsheim. Up to 21 of these floating small businesses for grain processing were anchored here simultaneously, before they had to make way for the rising industrialization and increasing shipping traffic. Today, the authentic reconstruction of the last productive Rhine ship mill offers interesting and exciting insights into the technology and working conditions of past times.